Skip to main content

Mum, I couldn't let you go!



Every morning just before I wake up, I can hear you,
Every night after I sleep, I can feel you.
They say you will not be seen anymore,
But trust me, I see you every moment in my core.
So, mum I still couldn't let you go!

Every small thing around takes me more towards you,
Your hugs, your kisses, your shoulder is what I miss most of you.
Those words and talks push me more to hold on to you,
They say I need to now live without you.
But, mum I couldn't let you go!

Those unlimited talks I want more and more,
No one else can be as close as you were.
You were the one who understood me always,
Your ideas on how to live life pushed me in many ways.
So, mum I couldn't let you go!

I keep scrolling through your photos all the time,
But none of them come alive like your smile.
I needed you in my every sorrow and happiness,
Because life is tough and no one else can bring that easiness.
So, mum I couldn't let you go!
 
You were the most beautiful and strongest woman I've ever seen,
Your boldness made us fearless in every scene.
You fought like a warrior till your last breath,
But it's hard to believe how life plays to death.
But, mum I couldn't let you go!
 
I want to see u always maybe only after I sleep,
It was you who never left me to weep.
They say your blessings will always be with me,
But I never imagined a life without you, the way it could be.
So, mum I couldn't let you go! 

If ever you come back as a mother on this earth, 
I wish to be the child to whom you will give birth.
Mum, it's still hard to believe what happened in the past,
Your every memory is so fresh and will never last.
So, mum I couldn't let you go!
 

With love Mum ❤
Shalu
28.06.2021






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Year 2020...deplorable yet second bite of the cherry!

  The 21st year of 21st century 2021 will come tomorrow! It is not coming alone but bringing along the new horizons in everyone's eyes! This new year is special because it's apparent that the topmost thing in everyone's new year wish list is only the COVID-19 vaccine. This COVID vaccine or its cure is something where the desire of a rich man meets with the poor. Yes, LIFE and DEATH is one thing which is the same to all and beautifully hides all the differences of mankind. The year 2020 now fading slowly and becoming invisible in the darkness of this night but it is stealing away the smiles of children, the dreams in the eyes, the sacrifices of many, the dear ones in families, the hopes of many people, the desires of teenagers, the love of elders and much more. This year brought us the deadly virus and loss of many life, loss in business, joblessness, confinement, and mental stress. But they say, not only this, it has given us a year to learn how to struggle, how important i

Does gender-differentiation really calls for gender neutral parenting?

I was a kid though but always wondered why everyone's conversation and actions keep revolving around the son in the family. Once somebody gave me a bowl of four laddoos from my neighbor sharing the happiness that a son was born in their family. The other day we received another bowl but only two laddoos this time. After returning from school, I asked my mum why only two today if the reason is the same? She told me because today a girl is born in some house nearby. I was shocked as I haven't witnessed such behavior in my home even being brought up with an elder brother. This mindset of people pinched me somewhere inside and envying this I told my mum when my daughter will be born, please distribute 6 laddoos in each house. This may be a mere expression of gender differentiation whose roots are sown in our own homes only! 'Don't cry like a girl', 'Boys don't play with dolls and soft toys', 'Don't be loud else society will say the girl doesn't